We WELCOME member involvement on committees. You can help to plan programs, mentor a student, promote member involvement, or fund-raise. Read our Committee Descriptions. You are welcome to contact the committee chair for more information.
Each year we hold a Fall and Spring program and induction ceremony. The programs feature nursing leaders who are making an impact in our community or region through excellence in nursing practice and scholarship. We also work to feature student projects and research activities through local university symposiums.
The Pi Mu chapter is important here in the Shenandoah Valley. We welcome you to join us! Get involved on a committee. Help with fundraising or program planning. Attend the events we sponsor and bring your friends and colleagues to those events. We welcome you and look forward to working with you.
Awards & Recognition
Various awards are available to recognize outstanding nurses whose contribution to nursing fulfills the goals of Sigma Theta Tau. These Awards are offered for nomination/application each spring.
- Founder Award for Excellence in Nursing Practice ($200.00)
- Founders Award for Evidence-based Practice Scholarship ($200.00)
- The Vida Huber Spirit of Nursing Award ( $200.00)
- Matt Garber Impact award ($200.00)
- Senior Student Leadership Award for each semester of induction ($100/student)- Student leaders are expected to work together to plan a community service project and to be an active participant in chapter activities and board meetings.