Member Community Rules
- If you do post content or submit material, and unless Sigma indicates otherwise, you grant Sigma a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content.
- You may post reviews, comments, photos, and other content; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam."
- The Articles of Incorporation of Sigma prohibits activities or efforts which attempt to influence governmental legislation in any form or manner. Postings asking for calls to action in an attempt to influence a governmental official, agency, department or governmental policy at any level is strictly prohibited. If a post of this nature is posted in the Circle, Sigma has the right and obligation to remove such post immediately.
- You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of content. Sigma reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content.
- You grant Sigma the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if Sigma chooses.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify and defend Sigma for all claims resulting from content you supply.
- Sigma has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content.
- Sigma takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Recommendations for Use
- specify in your post if you do not want the post reproduced by another member;
- post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries;
- include a signature tag on all messages with your name and affiliation;
- state concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line;
- include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply;
- only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from;
- send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals rather than to the entire list by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message;
- use the "change settings" option and other specified administrative contact options to remove yourself from a list, change your e-mail address, change personal information, etc.; and
- identify that a post is lengthy within the subject line or beginning of the message body.
This site is provided as a service for the members of SIGMA. SIGMA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. SIGMA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by SIGMA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall SIGMA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
SIGMA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of SIGMA, SIGMA may take all appropriate action to address the posting.