Welcome to Nu Kappa!
This site provides you with an even greater ability to network with chapter members, upload photos, share documents, participate in chapter discussions and learn about chapter events.
The Nu Kappa chapter of Sigma Theta Tau is proud of our members as nurses, leaders, researchers, and educators. To see requirements for induction in STTI, click on About Us and How To Join for more details.
Like us on Facebook: Nu Kappa Chapter
Hello Sigma Nu Kappa Community Members!
Our Nu Kappa Chapter is trying to revamp to allow more community involvement, get a common direction, get members more involved, and support each other to allow the Western Slope professionals expand their networking. There is huge potential for this chapter and we are excited to share with you about the ideas from our members! Lets connect, collaboration, and catalyze the Nu Kappa chapter.
Upcoming Chapter Events:
* We tentatively will meet the first Wednesday of each month to discuss new events happening with our chapter, in the community, and internationally. Our meetings will also be online on Zoom and recorded and then posted on this website and our facebook page so more can be involved.*
- Journal Club: Every other month- even months. (February, April, June, August, October, & December) We will send out a journal and then discuss it that month.
- Monthly Meetings: First Wednesday of the month. We will discuss new events, our induction ceremony, welcome new members, and brainstorm new ideas for our chapter.
- New Member Induction ceremony: January 26th, 2019 at 10AM- Colorado Mesa University Ballroom. We would love to have member support to celebrate, educated, and welcome our new members!
- Plan our events for the year
- Create a strategic plan for our chapter so we can reach our goals.
- Involve more members within our chapter.
Benefits of being involved with Nu Kappa:
- Scholarship opportunities: As a chapter we would love to start an annual scholarship opportunity for student nurses.
- International National Service learning: While we attended the Bi- annual Sigma convention in 2017, we met this group that takes groups of volunteers, both students and professionals, interested in gaining valuable experience in their chosen field, exploring another culture, and assisting those in need.
- Fund a speaker for the Hope West gala
- Service Projects: We would love to help our community. Some examples where we can help include the soup kitchen, making blankets for the homeless, helping with health fairs, hosting classes for kids and adults around our community for babysitter safety.
- Educate: Sponsor speakers to educate our community on different topics (ex. Strokes, Heart attacks, Acupuncture, essential oils, Life balance... ect.)
Benefits of being involved with Sigma:
- Career Assistance
- Get connected and stay involved
- Continuing Nursing Education
- Member Publications