ETA Beta Research Grant Awards
Eta Beta is pleased to offer a grant to support the research endeavors of its members. The purpose of Eta Beta research grants is to encourage qualified nurses to contribute to the advancement of nursing through scholarly activities.
· Annually, Eta Beta will award individual grants in the amount of up to $1,000.
o Depending on the number of applications received, the budgets of the applications received, and the merit of the applications received, this award may be divided up among 3-5 applicants
· Applications will be blindly reviewed by current Eta Beta Board members. The review is based on the extent to which the application meets the following criteria:
o the overall application meets the format of the application criteria
o the research question responds to an important gap in knowledge.
o it is likely that the proposed methods will address the research question(s).
o the methods are appropriate, substantiated, and rigorous
o the project is accomplishable in the stated timeframe with the resources available/described
Note: Eta Beta board members will recuse themselves from application reviews if they have applied for this grant.
· Applicants must be current members of Eta Beta
· Applicants must submit the Grant Award Agreement (p. 2).
· Applicants must submit the research proposal of no more than 5 pages (appendices and references not included) that addresses the components of the Grant Application Criteria listed below (p. 3).
· Applicants must report additional monetary funding received for this research.
· If approval has not been received at this time, note the date and to whom it was submitted. Funds will not be dispersed until proof of IRB approval has been submitted.
· Applicants must submit all components of the application in a PDF format in one file only.
· Please e-mail your cover letter (with Eta Beta status), CV, proposal, Eta Beta grant award agreement and other documents (IRB approval, educational materials, budget etc.) as a PDF attachment to: Monica F. Rochman, PhD,RN firstname.lastname@example.org
· Applications must be received by no later Friday March 17th 2023