The Circle is YOUR space to be a Sigma nurse. Help our community thrive as a social platform by serving as a Community Facilitator! Your role as an ambassador for The Circle is vital in creating connections and conversations in this community for Sigma nurses around the world.
If you enjoy meeting new people, discussing important areas of nursing with colleagues, and learning from different viewpoints, cultures, and backgrounds - this volunteer position is for you. Read more and apply!
Community Facilitators serve as ambassadors on The Circle, and are in charge of monitoring activities within the Communities of Interest, Career Advice Forum, and Global Member Forum. Facilitators work to keep communities active by posting new discussions, replying to member posts, and working to create conversation. These ambassadors will work with Sigma staff to keep the communities viable and ensure members find value.
Global Member Forum Responsibilities -
- Attend an onboarding training session with Sigma staff upon being approved as a facilitator
- Communicate with Sigma staff regularly to evaluate community and develop future plans
- Play an active role in recruitment and retention of community members
- Strive for 100% follow-up for questions posed in the forum
- Monitor and encourage activity among participants
- Ensure new discussion topics and/or questions are shared monthly
- Share content in the announcements section, events calendar, and library
- Work with Sigma staff on periodic community related projects such as virtual meet-ups or sharing announcements
answer general questions about membership, share updates and resources from Sigma, assist members with navigating The Circle.Career Advice Forum Responsibilities -
assist members with topics related to career placement and advancement; share career development related resources and conversation topics.Community of Interest Responsibilities -
post and participate in topic-based conversations; share resources and announcements related to the topic.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of topic area
- Communication and networking skills
- Ability to commit to 6-month term
- Familiar with and comfortable using The Circle (training will be provided to those who are not current users)
- 30 minutes per week, 6-month renewable terms
-Download the position description
. This will be helpful as you complete the application on the next page.
-Select multiple communities of which you're interested in facilitating. Open positions are limited and some communities fill more quickly than others. In the application, rank your choices from most preferred to least preferred.
-Facilitators are able to volunteer in more than one community. Please indicate in your application if you are interested.
-Update your bio and photo on your profile