Sigma Lambda Phi Chapter
In keeping with the mission of Sigma Theta Tau International “advancing world health and celebrating nursing excellence in scholarship, leadership, and service”, the Lambda Phi Chapter offers leadership recognition awards.
These include the General Scholarship and the DNP Grant.
1. General Scholarship
May include request to attend conferences, poster presentations, or any other scholarly activity
2. DNP / PhD Grant
May include funds needed to complete research project or to present research project
Application is due March 2nd at 5:00 p.m. CST to Onekia Deleon firstname.lastname@example.org
If you or someone you know wishes to apply click here and send the form to Onekia Deleon.
Sigma Theta Tau International Eligibility Criteria
- Preference will be given to those who are members of Lambda Phi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International or those individuals eligible at induction.
- UMKC cumulative GPA of B (3.00) or better, if student.
- Based on criteria on the Lambda Phi Chapter Scholarship Award Form (Appendix A)
- Where appropriate endorsement from community agency, member(s), or population.
- Candidate solicitation will be done via email to each faculty and to Lambda Phi membership in January of each year, with responses due March 2nd at 5:00 p.m. CST to Onekia Deleon.
- The Grants and Awards Chairperson, who is appointed by the Lambda Phi Board, receives responses from Onekia Deleon.
- Nominations are scored per Scholarship Scoring Forms (Appendix B) and presented to the board prior to a normally scheduled board meeting by the Grants and Awards Chairperson.
Selection of Recipients
- The Lambda Phi board may award up to $2000, with individual awards from $250 up to $2000.
- Any student, in any educational tract, is eligible for any one award each year.
- Any community member is eligible for any one award each year.
- Current voting board members of the Lambda Phi Chapter will confidentially vote to determine awardees, with all decisions being final.
- Prior to induction the Grant/Award Chairperson will notify leadership applicants by letter.
- Awardees will be recognized and monies distributed during the Spring Induction ceremony.
- If an awardee is not eligible to attend the Spring Induction Ceremony they are to notify a member of the board.